4. Settlement Activities and Attacks by Settlers against Palestinian Civilians and Property
IOF have continued settlement activities in the OPT in violation of international humanitarian law, and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
· At approximately 08:00 on Friday, 26 June 2009, at least 50 Israeli settlers from settlements located neart Kufor al-Labad village, east of Tulkarm, attacked a tract of agricultural land belonging to Ibrahim Mahmoud Kayed. They raised the Israeli flag and set up a tent on the land. They also attacked Kayed's two sons and expelled them from the land: Samer, 30; and Jamal, 20.
· On Saturday afternoon, 27 June 2009, dozens of Israeli settlers attacked several houses in al-Salima and al-Sahla neighborhoods in the south of Hebron, using stones and empty bottles. Palestinian civilians, especially children, were extremely terrified, and the windows of a house belonging to Mohammed 'Abdul Hai al-Muhtasseb were broken.
· At approximately 21:00 on the same day, 4 Israeli settlers who live in houses they had already taken up in previous years in Silwan village, southeast of Jerusalem, attacked Tamara Yousef 'Assila, 28, her baby and a number of other civilians in Baidoun Street. The settlers attempted to prevent the woman from parking her car near her family's house. When her brother, 30-year-old Rami, intervened to protect her, the settlers and their guards attacked him and other civilians in the area using sticks and gun butts. They also opened fire into the air. As a result, at least 10 civilians were injured, 4 of them were evacuated to hospitals:
1. Tamara Yousef 'Assila, 28, sustained bruises and cuts to the right leg;
2. Jawad Jameel Siam, 39, sustained bruises and cuts to the head and the chest;
3. Mohammed Yassin Siam, 35, sustained a fracture to the nose and cuts to the face;
4. Nihad Ahmed Siam, 40, sustained bruises and cuts to the face;
5. Fadi Qara'in, 35;
6. Murad Mahmoud Siam, 34;
7. Jawad Farroukh, 32;
8. Mohammed Msawda, 64;
9. Fadi Hajjaj, 25; and
10. The baby, 1.5 month.